When developing different applications in the same workspace sometimes you want to call one application from another.
If the applications are using the same authentication schema the user will still be prompted to log on each time they move from one application to another.
It is possible to configure your applications so a user only has to log in once. This is done by setting cookie attributes.
- In Apex, click on the first application, then shared componments
- Click the edit link next to the authentication schemes.
- On the next page select the Session Cookie tab.
- In the Cookie Name file and enter a cookie name.
- Repeat this for all your applications making sure you enter the same cookie name.
Now once the user has logged in once they are no longer prompted to log in each time they move from one application to another.